Baptism is the sacrament of entry into the life and faith of the Church, and begins the child's journey of faith.
Baptism is an indelible spiritual mark which makes us members of the Family of Christ & His Church.
Please note the following requirements:
- One Parent (at least) must be Catholic & request the Baptism of the child
- Contact Michele Gilmore to schedule a date for the baptism.
- A child may be Baptized through their 7th year (at 8 years old RCIC must be attended)
- Parents & Godparents must attend a Baptism Prep Class [Scroll Down for Calendar]
- There must be at least one Godparent
- Godparents must be Catholics in good standing*
- Received all the sacraments of initiation (Baptism, Holy Communion, and Confirmation)
- 16 years old, or older, & actively practicing their Catholic Faith
- If married, the marriage is blessed (valid) in the Catholic Church
Baptisms occur on the 2nd & 3rd Sundays at 2:30pm
*A Godparent from another parish will need to provide a 'Letter of Good Standing'
from the Pastor of their parish.